Accidental death verdict after drowning
An AlzheimerÂ¹s disease sufferer drowned when he took an unsupervised bath in the middle of the night, an inquest heard. Gwilym Hughes, 73, had only just moved from hospital to the Station House nursing home in Crewe on a trial period when he died, the inquest in Macclesfield was told. Evidence was given by staff that, despite alternative access to toilets, there was a feeling that bathrooms ought not be locked as that could be considered an infringement of patients human rights. A verdict of accidental death was returned by the jury.