National Care Awards 2017
We are proud to announce that the National Care Awards will return in 2017 for the 19th consecutive year and will culminate with our distinguished, black tie, Awards Presentation Dinner on Friday 24 November 2017 at the outstanding Hilton London Metropole, on the Edgware Road.
The National Care Awards is the longest established Annual Awards and is organised by social care’s leading publication, Caring Times. Caring Times reflects the opinion leaders in the social care sector, focusing on news affecting the private, public and not-for-profit providers of nursing and residential care. The Awards were devised to celebrate the very best people in the long-term care sector, highlighting excellence and rewarding those who work tirelessly to provide consistently outstanding care. This year there are 18 categories overall, see below for all of the details!
The National Care Awards Judging day will take place on the 29th September 2017 at the London Hilton Metropole. All finalists are required to attend. The National Care Awards Chef Judging day will take place on 11th October 2017 at the Gourmet Cookery School, Milton Keynes.
19th National Care Awards 2017 Finalists & Categories:
This award recognises the vital role of the care assistant in providing quality care. Evidence of dedication, sensitive handling of matters of importance to residents, and career progress through training will all be taken into account.
- Jodie Black, Audley Care Ilkley
- Liviu Crisan, Rendlesham Care Centre, Caring Homes
- Olga Jankovska, HC-One
- Mandy Shortt, Melford Court Nursing Home, Stow Healthcare
- Holly Taylor, 3L Care Limited
Care Registered Nurse
This award will be made to a registered nurse who has made long term care their area of professional specialisation. In addition to maintaining training and demonstrating outstanding clinical and managerial qualities, the winner will have demonstrated a high level of dedication to, and advocacy for, the people they support.
- Julie Noble, HC-One
- Silvia Nunes, Ford Place Nursing Home, Stow Healthcare
- Nicola-Anne Pengelly, Four Seasons Health Care
- Bogdan Radu Gancean, Mallard House Neurological Care Centre, PJ Care
- Lily Vladu, Hallmark Care Homes
This award will be made to a staff team who have developed and maintained an outstanding standard of care and team ethos within a care home, care group or day care setting.
- Beata Brzozowska & Gill Rennie, Kingfishers, Colten Care
- Ros Heath & Jay Heath, Landermeads Care Team, Landermeads Nursing Home
- Charlote Read & Charley Isbell, The New Deanery Care Team, Sonnet Care Homes
- Sanjay Dhrona & Dominik Cuden, The Close Care Home
- Alan Fry & Lucy Knight, Valerie Manor
Care Home Manager
This award will be made to an exceptional care home manager (or deputy). They will be expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise in managing the services of the home to the benefit of residents, staff and their local community.
- Zoe Fry, Valerie Manor Care Home
- Jo Marshall, Castle House Nursing Home Ltd
- Hayley Rowson de Vares, Making Space
- Helen Rushton, Green Tree Court , Lexicon Health Care
- Jane Sadowski, The New Deanery Care Home, Sonnet Care Homes
Learning Disability Service Manager
This award will be made to a manager (or deputy) within a residential care setting, day care service or sheltered housing complex where more than 50 per cent of clients have learning disabilities who has initiated, maintained or developed an exceptional service for the benefit of their clients.
- Judy Brown, Four Seasons Health Care
- Jo Crook, Hollyhurst Residential Service, Danshell Group
- Margaret Elliott, Heatherington House, Consensus
- Jo Neiles, Optima Care
- Heather Smith, Advanced Specialist Care, Balhousie Care Group
Dementia Care Manager
This award will be made to an outstanding manager (or deputy) of a care service where more than 50 per cent of the clients live with dementia. They will be expected to demonstrate a high level of expertise in managing the service to the benefit of residents with dementia as well as staff.
- David Barenskie, Green Tree Court, Lexicon Health Care
- Jana Krapkova, Signature The Beeches, Signature Senior Living
- Sanna Laaksonen, The Royal Star & Garter Homes
- Beverley Manzar, Ebury Court Residential Home Limited
- Sandie Oxborrow, Baylham Care Centre, Cardinal Healthcare
Care Operations Manager
The winner of this award will have demonstrated exceptional vision, leadership and be at the forefront of new management techniques. They will have inspired their colleagues to provide exceptional care throughout the homes for which they are responsible.
- Louise Barnett, Balhousie Care Group
- Carol Cousins, Four Seasons Health Care
- Eileen Coyle-Jones, Care UK
- Mandy Jackson, Athena Care Homes (UK) Ltd
- Michelle Wilson, brighterkind
Care Activities Co-ordinator / Facilitator
This award will be made to a person within a care home or day care service who has made an exceptional contribution to the quality of life, health and happiness of all the people they support through the activities they provide.
- Sue Edwards, Anisha Grange, Hallmark Care Homes
- Claire Harne, Avery Health Care Group
- Heather Rogers, Westall House, The Abbeyfield Society
- Carla Siwicki, Ravenhurst Residential Care Home, Sanctuary Care
- Jon Sneath, Priors House, Care UK
- Jo Whitehouse, The New Deanery Care Home, Sonnet Care Homes
Running the housekeeping services of a care home is vital for the well-being of residents and staff. This award will be made to an outstanding housekeeper who can demonstrate the passion and commitment needed to make a real difference.
- Debbie Hunter, Blandford Grange Care Home, Healthcare Homes Group
- Mariana Lache, Elizabeth Finn Homes Limited
- Jason Mottram, Avery Health Care Group
- Swetal Patel, Westgate Healthcare
- Julie Price, Appleby House, Care UK
This award will be made to a chef in a long term care setting who shows exceptional ability in providing well-balanced, nutritious and delicious food.
- Dawn Bailey, Tennyson Wharf, Barchester Healthcare
- Annabell Bryer, Colten Care
- Richard Manzano, Shinfield View Care Home
- Phil Meyer, Avery Care Group
- Sam Nurse, Signature of Coombe Hill Manor, Signature Senior Living
Care Home of the Year
This award will be made to a care home with 15 or more residents which can demonstrate exceptional quality care across all the services it offers.
- Daniel Cole & Phillippa Haigh, Wellcroft, Borough Care Ltd
- Samantha Evens & Anita Holder, Arcot House Care Home, Doveleigh Care Limited
- Sanjay Dhrona & Dominik Cuden, The Close Care Home
- Becky Elford & Louise Turner, The Old Vicarage Residential Care Home, TOVIC LTD
- Raquel Aristizabal & Barbara Carter, The Royal Star & Garter Homes – Surbiton, The Royal Star & Garter Homes
The Dignity & Respect Care Home of the Year
This award will be made to an exceptional care home which can convincingly demonstrate that it has put dignity and respect for its residents and staff at the very heart of all it does, and that this emphasis has resulted in tangible benefits for residents, relatives and staff alike.
- Kim Horley & Susan Spinks, Broadacres Residential Home, Broadacres
- Wendy Mead & Sarah Little, The Grange Care Centre, Forest Healthcare
- Sally Stoakley & Anne Maas, Broadlands Residential Home, Greensleeves Care
- Shaun Canavan & Jonathan Perez, Avondale Care Home, Porthaven Care Homes
- Adam Turvey & Joanne Broomes, Burlington Court Care Home, Rochmills Ltd
This award will be made to a care apprentice who is enrolled on a recognised apprenticeship scheme and who is already delivering the very best standard of care. The judges will be looking for an individual who excels in their personal and team roles, and exhibits enthusiasm, professionalism, confidence and a shining commitment to their on-going career development.
- Natalie Beckett, KentSCP (City and County Group)
- Sullivan Elliott, Ashley Gardens Care Home, Healthcare Homes Group
- Mariah Maund, Bilney Hall Care Home, Healthcare Homes Group
- Kim Barfoot, The Old Vicarage
This award will be made to a care home manager or manager in a care organisation who has demonstrated a significant improvement in care quality as perceived by residents and relatives through systematically seeking their views and responding to their feedback.
- Cate Ball, Toller Road Residential Service, Danshell Group
- Michelle Bryant, Mount Ephraim House, Greensleeves Care
- Sanjay Dhrona, The Close Care Home
- Nancy Ivison, Sunrise of Eastbourne, Sunrise Senior Living
- Elaine Ner, Orchard Court Care Home, Balhousie Care Group
This award will be made to an outstanding individual, in any care setting, small or large, whose leadership has resulted in an exceptional outcome for clients, team members and the organisation they work for.
- Campbell Lyle, Woodlands Nursing Home & Maplehurst Nursing Home
- Shaun Canavan, Avondale Care Home, Porthaven Care Homes
- Michelle Christie, Consensus
- Elaine Farrer, Colten Care
- Pauline Shaw, The Royal Star & Garter Homes
Care Home Group
This award will go to an outstanding care group with three or more care homes which is able to evidence exceptional client care combined with excellent staff development and impressive financial results.
- Chris Manthorp & Pete Calverley, Barchester Healthcare
- James Allen & Mark Sherriff, Caring Homes Group
- Sam Evens & Amy Burt, Doveleigh Care Ltd
- Emma Charlton & Alison Innes Farquhar, HC-One
- Christine Asbury & Jo Cheshire, WCS Care
Lifetime Achievement in Care
This award will be made to an exceptional person who has committed a significant portion of their life to working in a care home, or in social care, in the community or in sheltered housing, and has made a substantial difference to the quality of life of the people they have worked with.
- Grace Ale-Olurin, Windmill Lodge Care Centre, Excel Care
- Helen Brewster, brighterkind
- Wendy Eltze, Thamesfield Nursing Home, Retirement Villages Group
- Cheryl Wanklyn, Hallmark Care Homes
The Care Personality category is changing for 2017. This year an independent panel will select 5 finalists at a senior management level who they feel have made a big contribution to the care home sector within the past 12 months. The people chosen will be contacted before the awards ceremony and notified of the finalist position. This award does not require an entry from individuals, however if you would like to nominate someone for the panel to consider please do so along with 500 words to back your nomination.
What happens next?
Gala Evening & Table Bookings
The timings for the Gala Evening are:
- 6.30pm – Drinks Reception
- 7.30pm – Welcome
- 7.40pm – Dinner is served
- 9.30pm – Awards Ceremony
- 11.30pm – Dancing
- 2.00am – Carriages
Dress Code: Black Tie
This is not a ticketed event, we will have your name at the door.
To book a place or a table at the National Care Awards, please download the Table Booking Form here
Get in touch
Any questions or queries?
Download our FAQs pack by clicking the image below or get in touch with Nicola on the Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 720 2108
Sponsors and Sponsorship
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact email@example.com or call 020 7720 2108 ext 203
National Care Awards Photobooth, sponsored by Compass Associates
National Care Awards Twitter Wall, sponsored by Sky
We are delighted that once again Sky are sponsoring our Twitter Wall at the National Care Awards!
Tweeting #SkyScreenStar #CareAwards with either #BestDressedLady or #BestDressedMan on the Gala Evening will see you in with a chance to win some fabulous prizes – to be announced soon!
Keep up to date on Social Media:
See below for details from the fantastic 2016 awards!
18th National Care Awards 2016
National Care Awards 2016 Gallery
Please hover to scroll through images from the Awards Presentation Dinner and Drinks Reception
or click to see the full album
Photo Booth at the National Care Awards 2016
Caring Times were delighted to be working with Showtime Photo Booth for the 4th year running at this years award ceremony. They supplied their Classic photo booth in black from 11.00pm till late.
Please hover to scroll through images from the Photo Booth, sponsored by Compass Associates, at the National Care Awards.
WINNERS OF THE NATIONAL CARE AWARDS 2016!
Congratulations to our Winners at the 18th National Care Awards 2016
Doreen Knight, Caring Homes
Care Registered Nurse 2016
Sam Cutts, Brandon Park Nursing Home, Stowlangtoft Healthcare
Care Team 2016
Lloyd Court Care Team, NorseCare
Care Manager 2016
Caroline Davies, Ty Iscoed Care Home, Caerphilly County Borough Council
Special Needs Manager 2016
Andrew Hood, Tees Alive, Community Integrated Care
Dementia Care Manager 2016
Phil Benson, EachStep Blackburn, Community Integrated Care
Care Operations Manager 2016
Ruth French, Stowlangtoft Healthcare
Care Activities Co-ordinator 2016
Lisa McLaughlin, Belong Warrington
Care Housekeeper 2016
Ieva Bagurske, Sonnet Care Homes
Care Chef 2016
Tim Ware, Lexicon Health Care
Care Home of the Year 2016
The Dignity & Respect Care Home of the Year 2016
Lelant Nursing Home, Pilling Care Homes
Care Apprentice 2016
Carly Walden, Pearl Healthcare
Resident Engagement 2016
Eleanor Wilson, Drummond Grange, Barchester Healthcare
Care Leadership 2016
Jane Sadowski, Sonnet Care Homes
Care Home Group 2016
Lifetime Achievement 2016
Benet Ormerod, Barchester Healthcare
Care Personality 2016
Pete Calveley, Barchester Healthcare
or telephone: 020 7720 2108 ext 204