About the Journal of Dementia Care
The Journal of Dementia Care is a multidisciplinary, bi-monthly journal aimed at all professionals working with people with dementia. It recognises that professional carers working with people with dementia have their own special demands which deserve a specialist publication.
Please note that we also publish the Australian Journal of Dementia Care.
The Journal of Dementia Care has the following aims:
- To provide a strong editorial commitment to improving the quality of care provided for people with dementia in hospitals, residential and nursing homes, daycare and homecare settings.
- To raise the profile of all professionals working in this specialist field.
- To present the ideas and opinions of professionals working with people with dementia.
- To emphasise the value and importance of training and staff development to achieve high quality care.
The Journal of Dementia Care Guidance for authors is now available to download.
See our subscriptions website for details of how to subscribe.
- The Journal of Dementia Care includes regular sections on:
- News: a round-up of the latest news in the dementia care field, including conference reports, key funding announcements, appointments and awards
- Reports round-up: a summary of the headline findings from major reports
- Resources and blogs updates: stay up-to-date by reading about all the latest dementia resources – films, online learning materials, blogs, books, guides or websites – and learn where and how to access these
- Events: look out for major dementia learning and sharing events in the UK, including JDC’s own programme of conferences UK-wide
- Talking Point: a chance for a variety of commentators on dementia care to share their opinions on issues that matter to them
- Network articles: reports on local dementia-specific projects, giving practitioners the chance to share the story of their work
- ‘JDC asks…’: read the views of a changing line-up of expert contributors as they respond to a topical question in the dementia care field
- Feature articles: in-depth articles that give an opportunity to share more complex material, such as the findings from a service evaluation, a report on a publication or campaign, or the findings from a research project, a detailed case study or good practice on a particular topic
- Research: news and summaries drawing out key messages for practitioners and providing a vital platform for researchers to share their findings with practitioners
- Dementia Diaries: people living with dementia talk about the issues that matter to them as part of a unique initiative by On Our Radar