Student social workers welcome in care homes


Posted on October 1st, by editor in Caring Times. No Comments

An internet poll conducted by the English Community Care Association (ECCA) showed that 98.5 per cent of people who voted believed that placements in independent sector care homes should be available to student social workers. The remaining 1.5 per cent did not think that they should be available. A total of 132 took part in the poll which is a relatively low number. ECCA says the lack of engagement in the poll is perhaps indicative of the negativity exhibited by some social workers to the residential care sector.





Comments are closed.


Latest blog posts

The future’s bright, alright?

By Caring Times editor GEOFF HODGSON

There has been a lot of debate about ‘hard’ and ‘soft’ borders of late (if it’s any help, I like...

Time for a ten dollar answer

By Caring Times editor GEOFF HODGSON

Ernest Hemingway was known for his minimalist style and he used to pooh-pooh what he called “ten-dollar” words. Not to...

Lacking capacity

By guest blogger JEF SMITH

A friend of mine diagnosed with cancer – now, happily, treated – was asked how he could possibly have missed the...